Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Sit back, listen to the music (if I can ever get it to work again), experience a little visual stimulation and enjoy.


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pear and Apple Demonstration

This little painting was created as a demonstration for some friends who want to learn to paint with acrylics. The technique is the interesting thing, because it layers warm and cool colors on top of each other. Start with a red background, then sketch the outline of your subject in white chalk. Think about the final colors of the subject and first block in the subject with it's cool complement. Do the same with the background. Then paint over the subject again using warm colors. Be sure to leave some of the original background red showing around the edges. Add some detail, and you are done in a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I was married - for a really long time to the most interesting man in the world - Wayne Harmon. He is gone now, but never forgotten. We have one child, and two amazing grandchildren. I've been painting all my life, and consider myself a born teacher and a story teller.