Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Sit back, listen to the music (if I can ever get it to work again), experience a little visual stimulation and enjoy.


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Apologies to Paul Balmer


About four years ago, my daughter took her daughter to New York for her 8th birthday.  Mimi (wonderful grandmother that I am) got to tag along on this fabulous trip.  While we were there we went to galleries in Soho and saw some wonderful streeet artists, and -- Paul Balmer.  I was immediately in love with his work.  Enormous paintings of New York - buildings and bridges -- layers of color, line that made my heart sing.

I could not get his paintings out of my mind, so when we returned home, I went to my studio and began to create my version of Paul's New York.  This is a rice paper painting done with about 20 layers of casein and ink.  Not nearly as magnificent as his, but one of my favorites.  Check out his web site at www.paulbalmer.com

1 comment:

  1. You're blog is wonderful!!! Love this painting, too and your snow painting below is fabulous! Keep up the good work! See you next month!
    Polly

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

I was married - for a really long time to the most interesting man in the world - Wayne Harmon. He is gone now, but never forgotten. We have one child, and two amazing grandchildren. I've been painting all my life, and consider myself a born teacher and a story teller.