Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Sit back, listen to the music (if I can ever get it to work again), experience a little visual stimulation and enjoy.


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rest a While


This gentleman was sitting on the bench in the square under one of the big pecan trees by the courthouse.  He looked so peaceful as he waited - for whom, I don't know.  He is typical of some of the folks in Georgetown.  Life is easier here, somewhat slower. I often wish for a more progressive town center - plazas, fountains, flowers, but then I'm reminded that this place has existed pretty much as it is for over 100 years.  I bet that our friends from the past rested under this tree, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I was married - for a really long time to the most interesting man in the world - Wayne Harmon. He is gone now, but never forgotten. We have one child, and two amazing grandchildren. I've been painting all my life, and consider myself a born teacher and a story teller.